Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > General Aquarium Forums > DIY Projects
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com
 
Old 07-02-2013, 05:00 AM   #1
Aquarium Advice FINatic
 
FishieKeeper429's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Virginia
Posts: 523
DIY "hood"

A user on this forum by the name of Scottyhorse, gave me a great idea that I think everybody should know.
I have a 3g tank on my bedside table with a Betta in it. I didn't have a hood for it and the water was evaporating so I asked for tips.
Scottyhorse then replyed saying to go to Home Depot, cut a piece of plexiglass into the shape of the top of my tank, drill holes for air and light and place it on top! This genius idea is defiantly getting used by me and I had to share it!
__________________

__________________
FishieKeeper429 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 01:38 AM   #2
Aquarium Advice FINatic
 
bmarine's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Michigan
Posts: 984
Quote:
Originally Posted by FishieKeeper429 View Post
A user on this forum by the name of Scottyhorse, gave me a great idea that I think everybody should know.
I have a 3g tank on my bedside table with a Betta in it. I didn't have a hood for it and the water was evaporating so I asked for tips.
Scottyhorse then replyed saying to go to Home Depot, cut a piece of plexiglass into the shape of the top of my tank, drill holes for air and light and place it on top! This genius idea is defiantly getting used by me and I had to share it!
Nice! Did you end up making one?
__________________

__________________
bmarine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 01:41 AM   #3
Aquarium Advice FINatic
 
FishieKeeper429's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Virginia
Posts: 523
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmarine View Post

Nice! Did you end up making one?
No. My mom refused to even spend enough to buy me a piece of glass -,-
__________________
FishieKeeper429 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 01:47 AM   #4
Aquarium Advice FINatic
 
bmarine's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Michigan
Posts: 984
Quote:
Originally Posted by FishieKeeper429 View Post

No. My mom refused to even spend enough to buy me a piece of glass -,-
Ah i gotcha. Those parents just hold us back
__________________
bmarine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 01:49 AM   #5
Aquarium Advice Addict
 
Oscar98's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: millville pennsylvania
Posts: 1,722
Thats what im doing with my 150g. My dad is a contractor and the people he works for are throwing away piles and i mean piles of 5'x30" pieces of acrylic. So they let him have two pieces if it.
__________________
Oscar98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 01:50 AM   #6
Aquarium Advice FINatic
 
FishieKeeper429's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Virginia
Posts: 523
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oscar98 View Post
Thats what im doing with my 150g. My dad is a contractor and the people he works for are throwing away piles and i mean piles of 5'x30" pieces of acrylic. So they let him have two pieces if it.
So jealous right now. First you go to Sea World and now you get free acrylic! :P
__________________
FishieKeeper429 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 05:16 AM   #7
Aquarium Advice Addict
 
Scottyhorse's Avatar

POTM Champion
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Washington
Posts: 3,823
Do you think you could have her take you to Home Depot and you could pay for the piece of plexi glass? They are only about $3.
__________________
Starting over...... Kinda.

3, 20, 25, 33 Gallon FW Tanks.....For Now


Scottyhorse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 09:21 AM   #8
Aquarium Advice FINatic
 
FishieKeeper429's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Virginia
Posts: 523
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scottyhorse View Post
Do you think you could have her take you to Home Depot and you could pay for the piece of plexi glass? They are only about $3.
I'm broke and my makes a huge deal about buying me a 25 cent shrimp :P
__________________
FishieKeeper429 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 09:31 AM   #9
Aquarium Advice Addict
 
FishCr8zy's Avatar

POTM Champion
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: New Jersey, USA
Posts: 2,458
Send a message via Skype™ to FishCr8zy
Quote:
Originally Posted by FishieKeeper429 View Post

I'm broke and my makes a huge deal about buying me a 25 cent shrimp :P
One of my friends mom is somewhat like that too. Says that ghost shrimp are too expensive but then gets something more expensive..... Lol
__________________
It wasnít until 1853 in London when aeration and filtration of water was understood, that people
were able to keep fish as indoor pets.

FishCr8zy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 09:33 AM   #10
Aquarium Advice FINatic
 
FishieKeeper429's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Virginia
Posts: 523
Quote:
Originally Posted by FishCr8zy View Post

One of my friends mom is somewhat like that too. Says that ghost shrimp are too expensive but then gets something more expensive..... Lol
That literally my mom all the way around. She is buying herself clown fish ($30+) but she can't buy me a GS (25 cents) :P I don't get it!
__________________

__________________
FishieKeeper429 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off








» Photo Contest Winners








Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:04 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.