DIY inline heater?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
What exact heater did you use?

Also, just a thought... You could use a rubber grommet instead of epoxy if your heater is smooth and circular, no?

This is my first post here.

Just was reading this because I was thinking of doing the same thing. How well is it working now that its a few months down the road?

To get more of a spiral motion there is a couple of things you could do. First modify the impute at an angle.

The other thing that would add a little bit of swirling action is to send use a LARGE tap and die set. Putting female threading in the tube would cause the water to start to swirl on the outside and in return the inside water would follow.

Nice work!

It would have been so much easier to just go buy an in-line heater, but certainly not nearly as rewarding!

I have had my hands in far too many hobbies, more than I have time to describe or am willing to admit. Maybe the single most rewarding part of any of them is experimenting and developing tools that make the hobby work or work better.

So, when the heater expires you will have to buy a new cap and epoxy the new heater in it? That sounds a little cheaper than buying a new in-line heater.

Nice job. I was thinking of doing this too but figured that using a steel or titanium heater would work better.

Do you have any updated pictures? Please post.

Back
Top Bottom