DIY internal filter

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

hashbaz

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I am about to set up a 75g planted FW and want to make an internal filter for it.

I'm thinking of making one long and skinny so that it will fit in the back/bottom of my tank. I also plan to put a heater (with external temp control) inside the filter.

Has anyone here made an internal filter? and/or have any advice?

Have you considered inbuilt glass diy? ie, i'm running one atm that works similar to an overgrown plastic corner filter cross trickle, but running totally off air, has a great amount of flow and works better then any canister or hob that I have ever experienced.
Easy for the home DIYer to make, and cheaper/more effective to run then anything.
This thing is just starting to take off over here.
I haven't built one myself yet, but I can supply pics and detailed description to those that are interested. a pm will suffice.
Final note: Very, VERY, effective biological and mechanical filtration.

Matty

I currently run an internal filter set up. My filter is located at the end of the tank however. It has worked extremely well since day one. I have had to clean the filter on the power head intake once in approximately one year. I will see if I can find some pictures or take some more and describe how I am running mine.

Back
Top Bottom