Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > General Aquarium Forums > DIY Projects

Join Aquarium Advice Today
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com
Old 07-28-2014, 11:33 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice Activist
DIY Led Controller Questions

Hi! I bought a DIY LED kit (36 dimmable on 2 channels) for my tank (40g). I found this controller while surfing ze internetz :
NEW! Programmable led time controller, 5 channel*20A DC12 24V, pc computer interface controller TC420, free shipping-in RGB Controlers from Lights & Lighting on Aliexpress.com
what do you think about it?

30g REEF
1xFalse Percula 1xFalse Percula (Misbar) 1x Green Mandarin 1xBengal Cardinalfish 1xSix Line Wrasse, 1xRoyal Gramma 1xSkunk Cleaner Shrimp, 1xPeppermint Zoas, Polyps, Finger Leather Coral, Accroporas, Frogspawn, Riccordea Floridas, Brain, Favia, Elegance Coral.
nuwave59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2014, 11:46 AM   #2
Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hi there!

I have bought TC420 from ebay recently and a disk which come with it was unreadable. I was searching the internet for source where this software could be downloaded but without much success. I have found this thread and hope you may help me.
Could you do me a favour and share this software?

sag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2014, 08:12 PM   #3
Aquarium Advice FINatic

POTM Champion
I can't say on this item but the last 2 things I bought from China were junk. 1 was a temperature regulated heater that stayed on all the time and heated my tank to 86 degrees before I caught it. The other was a light kit that arrived with half the bulbs inoperative and 1bad ballast. I would rather pay a little more to a more reputable place than buy something cheaper that you have no recourse to get your money refunded if it didn't work.

This is the one I use: Storm LED Controller - LEDGroupBuy.com and the case: http://coralux.net/?wpsc-product=3d-...torm-duplicate
It has 6 channels, programmable sunrise/sunset time, ramps lights up/down, programs in cloud and lightning effects, and you can program in fans, moonlights, and other items. You have to buy the case separately but there is a variety of colors you can mix/match to go with your aquarium.
Why do I love fish? Because every time I stare into the little world I have created for them, every problem I have just floats away....
Retired_AF is offline   Reply With Quote

control, controller, diy, led, question, questions

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com