Diy led lighting

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Kali155

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Just like lapintocix, I too saw Joey's led lighting video. Have decide to also do that setup, but am changing it to my style will keep you guys updated as I move through the project.

Definitely keep us updated...i want to do a diy led for a planted 125g but havent really found anything i like.

1477284482539.jpg1477284493780.jpg1477284510015.jpg1477284520850.jpg

So phase 1 complete. Took 2 ten foot k style gutters and cut them to 6 foot sections. Installed and siliconed the caps on the end. Bolted the 2 sections together for stability. Tested it on the tank to find out now the center sits lower than the ends. Solved that issue by cutting the straight sections out of a few coat hangers and shoving them in between. Siliconed them in so they wont pop out. Will fill gap with expanding spray foam once silicone dry. PVC pipes cut to just under 6 foot and ready to be inserted once lights arrive. Going to use closet rod holders inside gutters to hold light bars. Will be lining gutters with tin foil for reflective material.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom