DIY Light Stand

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Purrbox

Aquarium Advice Addict
Well I finally got sick and tired of the Coralife legs on my 2x18watt fixture. They never fit well in the first place, and lately have begun slipping all over the place including falling completely off. Considering that it can get a bit warm while the light is on, I'd find myself juggling a hot potato until I could get it put back together so that I could put on the tank or ground as the case may be.

Today I used some 1/2" CPVC to build a stand. Cut 1/4 groves lenthwise in the front and back horizontal pipes for the light to sit in and then notched 1/2 of the bottom pieces so that it hugs the rim of the aquarium. I'm very pleased with the results. It's much sturdier and easier to handle than before. I still plan to see about getting ahold of some black paint and then it should look really sharp.

Anybody want some used Coralife legs? :lol:

Attachments

• lightstand_front_715.jpg
    lightstand_front_715.jpg
    48.6 KB · Views: 224
thats a wonderful piece of DIY work!! i will need to appropriate the design for my 45 Gallon as the wife has declared a moratorium on hanging light fistures for the tanks...:)

nice idea. any chance for a pic from the side, and one at an upward angle?

how far does it sit off of the glass tops?

That is a great idea....Micah, I kind of like the look.

Back
Top Bottom