Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > General Aquarium Forums > DIY Projects
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 06-02-2011, 02:02 PM   #21
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by negligent_inmate View Post
what are they honestly gonna do? come in your house and inspect for "illegal fish"? lol
It's not a laughing matter. The EPA doesn't take very kindly to people trying to smuggle in illegal species. They may very well show up at your house and slap you with a fine for their trouble. Florida and Hawaii already have problems with invasive species like snakeheads, cichlids, tilapia, and others because they got released into the wild and established breeding colonies.

Feel free to PM me directly with questions.
BigJim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2011, 09:45 PM   #22
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

i can def understand in regards to the invasive species due to being released into the wild, but i dont see Mr. Limpet as being the type of guy that would be releasing fish into the wild but yeah that would suck.. someone just trying to enjoy the amazing colors of glofish, and they get slapped with some rediculous fine because they are "illegal"...im sorry but there are ALOT of lawas that make absolutely no sense...

Old 06-10-2011, 05:09 PM   #23
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

But back to the original thread... I replaced my 18"florescent blacklight secondary with a full-spectrum bulb and my plants have taken pretty well to them..in two days, they have regained their fullness and color...give them a few more days and im sure they will be growing again..

Tags
diy, diy light, light

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com