Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > General Aquarium Forums > DIY Projects

Join Aquarium Advice Today
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com
Old 08-31-2004, 01:24 AM   #11
Aquarium Advice Freak
Send a message via ICQ to nyghtone Send a message via AIM to nyghtone Send a message via MSN to nyghtone Send a message via Yahoo to nyghtone
Originally Posted by Gyration
hahah thanks vega.

1. With 800 watt I have no idea what the water temperature is going to be at noon. Right now it is usually around 80F during the day and night. The light spectrum is supposed to be between 6500 and 10k I believe.

2. But without the HOB and air stone, won't the fish not be very happy? They have CO2 test kits? I should definately look into those.

3. The CO2 bottles have been setup for about 1 week now. They seem to be giving off quite a bit of CO2, since the syphon filter I use to circulate the CO2 is pretty much almost always half full of CO2 and half full of water. Right now I don't have my water pump yet, so I am using the outflow of the HOT magnum to puimp water into the syphon.

The water hardness is pretty good. I added some baking soda to it and I added epsom salt too, maybe even a lil too much of it, but I think it's normalizing, the pH is pretty stable. Haven't changed. Both GH and KH are off the charts on my test strips.

Interesting enough, witth the overkill in Iron, I haven't seen any algea yet, but if they come they come, oh wells. What else is new... but I don't even know if my tank is suitable for algeas. The plants aren't doing so good, and algeas will probably not survive either

I am 27 years young. Still trying to learn.

Oh and if anybody knows which link I am supposed to go to so I can change my signature thingie so I can fix my filter information, your help will be greatly appreciated.

To fix your quote thingy, go into your profile, there is a link to it on the main page under your picture on the right side. It's kinda fun to mess around with, so I've changed mine a few times now, haha

HTH, Joshua...

Today is a good day, at least it was last time that I checked, haha...

nyghtone is offline   Reply With Quote

diy, diy light, light, lighting, project

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com