DIY Livestock Move

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ShawnMMcKenna

Aquarium Advice Regular
Well, I wasnt sure where to post this so I figured this forum was closest. I recently moved from Florida to PA and moved my 125 gal cichlid tank and my 20 gal reef tank with me. Transprted the livestock in large totes with aerators running and lost no fish or livestock at all! Kept a powerfhead running on my reef transport tub and kept a sponge filter on my cichlids. For the record, you can transport livestock, just be prepared to do alot of water changes along the way!

Wow! What did you use for a power source??? How did you keep the temp?? I know I moved my fw trops 4 times but it was all local...talk about a pain! They were the last ones packed and the first thing unpacked

Wow! What did you use for a power source??? How did you keep the temp?? I know I moved my fw trops 4 times but it was all local...talk about a pain! They were the last ones packed and the first thing unpacked

Had a 100 watt power inverter. Temp stayed relatively stable thanks to the weather. It was a heck of a task, but well worth it. Some of these fish I have had for years....raised them since they were small. All toll it was 1200 miles...

Back
Top Bottom