ok so i went to lfs
and they had used equipment for sale, i picked up a magnum 350 canister filter, just the filter for $20 and for $50 total i got a 250 watt titanium filter, the ones with the remote temp. control and a xlarge airpump for a 125 gal
. my question is for the canister, there are no hoses. what i have available @ home is
1. 10 feet of clear hose, was bought @ plumbing dept. at home depot, they were by the nylon fittings for drinking water.
2. 2 brass ball valves standard valves sold at home depot with green grips on "switch".
3. 10 feet of hpvc? its the yellower pvc
its marked for drinking water above 75 degrees f.
4. 4 90' elbows
5. 4-6 male adapters for the pvc
6. 1 can of krylon fusion "black"
7. 1tube of aquarium safe silicone
im not sure exactly how im going to get this done, i have basic "hardware" skills so im sure i can tackle this, my question is does the above list look ok? sorry dont have exact product numbers or links but can you pretty much say the materials are aquarium safe? any ideas, suggestions or past experiances? this is going to be used on a standard 125gal on a pine stand so what about 4' tall? im wanting to keep the filter in the cabinet.