Diy metal halide reflector

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
If you read a few pages more into the thread.....
Print out this drawing on a regular size paper and take it to Office Max or Staples and have them blow it up 281%. It will fit on a 24"x24" piece of paper and will be the full scale size.
I got the reflector material from Specialty-Lighting, but it only comes in packs of 4 2'x4' sheets. That's enough to make 8 mini's and it costs $150 for the 4 sheets. Comes out to $18.75 per reflector if you can get a few guys to go in with you on them. It is stiffer than the SunTunnel, but it was easier to work with.
Where can you buy that style reflector for $19?

ccCapt said:
If you read a few pages more into the thread.....

Where can you buy that style reflector for $19?

I can get spider reflectors shipped for $30 ea. Theres no one in my area that would need them...

mr_X said:
Those lumenarcs are much more reflective than spider reflectors. There is a huge difference.

I just need something that will deflect the light down... heck i could even line my light with tinfoil and itd be better that the white metal...

Tinfoil would be worse than plain white metal. The wrinkles in the tinfoil would scatter the light instead of direct it down.

ccCapt said:
Tinfoil would be worse than plain white metal. The wrinkles in the tinfoil would scatter the light instead of direct it down.

If im careful enough i can lay it seamless

Back
Top Bottom