DIY Moonlights

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Joshsmit56001

Aquarium Advice Freak
Well to start off I got really lucky and stumbled a great find. I was walking through Wal-Mart in the fish area and stumbled onto one of those Moonbeam Hi-lite LED lights on the clearence rack. I figured it would be around $8 or more. When I scanned it it rang up at $1.75!!!!!!! What a deal I was extatic. I brought it home and seen that it ran off of a 6 volt power supply. I took an old cell phone charger I had and jerry rigged it. Black to black and red to red. When I first plugged it in it didn't work at all. There was one extra white wire so I touched that to the red wires and it lit up! I place the light in my tank which is water proof already so I don't have to worry about it getting water damage. It looks fantastic. I plan on getting one more and put it on the other side of my tank. This was one of the easiest things ever. I reccomend this project to anyone as it is very simple. I will post pics when I get some. Any questions just ask. I am on here all the time. Hope this helps everyone out a lot.

Thanks,
Josh

Back
Top Bottom