DIY Overflow (help me)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Salt4Us

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Here are some pics of the DIY Overflow I made for the 40g long. The overflow works properly in that it syphons the water to the rear chamber & then down to the sump/fuge. Alas, I do have a slight problem.

While it functions properly, the problem is that it's noisy. It sounds like water is draining (which it is). She doesn't like the sound. It doesn't both me as much but it still bothers me. Any ideas how I can 'quiet the drain' sound?

Thanks!

John

Well....It errored out while I was posting teh other pix so here's the others (I hope).

Fro some reason, it will only display pic in each post?
OK..you saw two, here's one more (sorry)

BTW, there has been a glitch with the attatchment feature since the last upgrade, for some reason it is not displaying the attatchments like it should, but they are there, and you should be able to attatch 3 pics per post.

Thanks for the link & the advice Kevin!
Too late to get the needed stuff now so I'll get it tomorrow. I'll let you know how it turns out. Thanks again!!

John

OK, got the the overlfow sounds problem solved (Thanks again Kevin!).
Npw I have a problem where the inlet is making noise (sounds like boiling water.

Anyone with ideas how to quiet teh bioling water?

Thanks again!

John

I know we covered the Noisy sump in chat, but has there been any improvement? What did you end up doing to it?

I agree with d9hp, about drilling a hole just above the water level. This will let the air escape from the hole, instead as bubbles from the ends of the tubes.

Haven't tried the holes in the hose above the water level yet. We dropped the water level in the sump & it quieted down a bit. We still contemplating the putting holes in the hose.

Back
Top Bottom