Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > General Aquarium Forums > DIY Projects
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 02-14-2012, 04:54 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice Newbie

DIY Paludarium Project Journal

I have started my first Paludarium and would like any feedback that is available

I have a 55 Gal tank that is divided by Plexiglas. I have used river rock and pea gravel as the beginnings of the substrate for the land portion. I will add a layer of top soil, followed by coconut husk. For the water substrate I have used pool filter sand and river rock. I have also build a wall with pond foam, which is amazing BTW. This is going to be a fresh water setup and will be looking at moving my red eared slider and a red Oscar to the setup with a vampire crab (maybe). More to follow
Attached Images

Old 02-14-2012, 05:37 PM   #2
Aquarium Advice Obsessed

Sounds interesting. Just to let you know even a full 55g (not divided) is too small for an Oscar.

Mumma.of.two is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2012, 05:58 PM   #3
Aquarium Advice Newbie

Yeah that is what I am finding in my research. I may opt for smaller breed cichlids. I am looking for an aggressive fish.
Old 02-26-2012, 01:35 AM   #4
Aquarium Advice Newbie

Update

I have finished the majority of the tank. There are still some plants, rocks, and driftwood that I am working on that will complete the tank. I am also working on a sand fountain.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	12 - 1.jpg
Views:	215
Size:	99.5 KB
ID:	79063   Click image for larger version

Name:	12 - 2.jpg
Views:	112
Size:	161.4 KB
ID:	79064  

Tags
diy, journal, paludarium, project

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com