DIY Project Oh Hold!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Tank2379

Aquarium Advice Addict
SO... I wanted to Build my Stand for this summer but it looks as if my Landlord Just notice I have a 55G SW tank on a second FL and was upset that I had it. So I will put building a stand off for a long while. But it's funny we moved in and she saw it and was Like wow that's a Big Tank I like it. I don't know I guess she forgot I had it, We even asked her if it's OK to put one up and she was like Yeah... But anyways that killed my whole plan on building. For now I am just going to put 2 10 gallon Tanks under the current stand cause that's all that can fit right now....

Any suggestions on how to construct. One is going to be a Sump and the Other a Refugium?

Ugh... sorry to hear that...

I learned after a really miserable renting experience, never to take anything... no matter how mundane... verbally from a landlord... contract, contract, contract :/

Same exact thing happened to me. I asked if fish were allowed, they said no, and I said I'm not interested in the apartment. They quickly changed their mind and said anything up to 40g on the 3rd floor. I had my 10g at that time and was planning on my 30g long. I built a stand for it, moved it in. I had the maintenance guys add an outlet by the tanks and when they did they said that I can't have ANY fish tanks... I fought back and forth with the landlord and eventually they gave in. I moved out a few months later anyways.

As far as the stand, if you are doing a sump you could make something like my stand for my 30g and 10g, just throw some doors on it. I'll provide the link to my build thread, the link for the plans is in my post. The stand is good without any center supports up to a 72" span. I used 2x6's at the bottom to raise my 10g tank up a little higher (the plan calls for 2x4's). I finished with some 1/4" birch and some rustoleum brand gloss paint.

http://www.aquariumadvice.com/forums/f20/30g-long-and-10g-stand-102727.html

Sorry to hear about your renting issues. I myself work in the apartment industry and I know we do alllow tanks up to 55gallons.

Well the thing is it's a 3 story building Family Own. Her Husband Died and She owes nothing on the building. I told her if it was a problem to keep it I would remove it. But she wanted me to keep and she said she misunderstood me about the Tank. But I think she is going crazy with the old age. I mean she saw the tank. we asked her if we can have it up there now after 8 or more months living there she finally decide to come up one day and get all upset about it??? I am scratching my head right now. But I guess she got over it quick cause my wife just called me and she was up in our apartment today looking and saying how nice it looked and she really likes it.????? But I am still going to hold off the Stand Building.

Back
Top Bottom