DIY PVC overflow help

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

aquariumadvice

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Can anyone help me with this pvc overflow that I have design and is doesn't work. It doesn't siphon when I do the test. This is a 3/4" pvc overflow have a check valve, I connect my check valve to the air pump, the air pump work but it doesn't siphon. I don't know what I did wrong. Please have look at the picture, anything wrong with my pvc overflow design.

Please help
PVC over flow 2.jpg

Thanks

You should be sucking the air out, not putting it in. If that is what you are doing, check for an air leak.

Thanks, I use wrong pump, I use air pump instead lifter pump. Is there any other way of getting air out beside lifter pump? Now I have to buy lifter pump. I'll try it again

Put a airline on your check valve and you can manually suck it out with your mouth make sure both ends are under water and cover your vent pipe to

Put a airline on your check valve and you can manually suck it out with your mouth make sure both ends are under water and cover your vent pipe to

Yup, just attach some tubing and manually suck it out. I do it on mine and works ok.

Back
Top Bottom