diy python

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

abrahamavelar

Aquarium Advice Addict
well its pretty simple this is what you will need:

-the old siphon you already have.
-some hose depending how far you sink is its how much u gonna use and always hey 3-5 extra feet just in case.
-shut off valve (pvc or copper) i got pvc due that it was cheaper
-the hose/shut off valve adapters
-garden hose adapter
-faucet adapter
-and some teflon

what you would have to do its measure the distance between sink and aquarium, add a few extra feet so you hook it to ur sink and be able to siphon the whole aquarium without any issues

then get the teflon and give a couple of turns to the treads of the shut off valve adapters and hook them up tightly

attach one end of the hose to one end of the shut off valve adapters and on the other adapter attach the siphon hose end

on the other end attach the harden hose adapter

you dont need hose clamps but if you want to have extra security for water leaks u could add them but they are not necessary

make sure your faucet adapter fits your faucet and if it does you are good to go, you can test it by letting water run though it and have the other end outside to check for leakage after its all good turn the water off and turn the shut off valve to the off section and switch the faucet adapter to the drain part and let it drain and you will do that to check that the water gets sucked out and after that gets done and there is no leaks then u r good to go!!!

GOOD LUCK!!!

F.A.Q.

why do you turn the water off before you turn off the shut off valve???

A: you dont want to have pressure on the faucet when you are filling the tank, thinks might break and also so you can check if everything its getting sucked out of the hose

why do you sue teflon on the treads of the shut off valve adapters???

A: so you dont have any leaks

why do you attach the shut off valve adapter at the end of the siphon???

A: you could attach it where ever you want i put it there so it wont hit the wall of the aquarium so there is no accidents, and that wat i can make sure the water from the hose gets all sucked in before i add any new water

Nice post. I want to add that if you have a salt water aquarium with corals in it or ever plan to get corals one day, don't use any copper parts.

Back
Top Bottom