DIY "red neck" test tube holder

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Old Scales

Aquarium Advice Addict
For those of you who test in a different room than where your tanks are:
1. Cut a piece of soft, knot free pine 2X4, 8 inches long. You can even sand it up if you want to make it really smooth.
2. Drill 7 holes in a row accross it. Use a 9/16 or 5/8" drill bit. Drill holes straight down and about 1/2" deep.
3. Take marker pen and mark each hole for each test.
pH, Ammo, NO2, NO3, GH, KH, PO4.
Now you have a handy way to hold all your tubes as you grab samples, carry to test area, and keep which test is which.
Extra tip - get a dosing eye dropper at drug store with ml/tsp marks on it for easy, precise filling of the tubes.
Later, OS.

So you're a redneck too Mantelli. LOL My parents lived in Pensacola for 27 yrs. The Navy guys call it the redneck riviera. Later, OS

So you're a redneck too Mantelli. LOL My parents lived in Pensacola for 27 yrs. The Navy guys call it the redneck riviera. Later, OS

LOL so funny I stumbled on this. I currently live in the redneck riviera and its so true. Going to ask the hubs to rig this up for me =) he should have one of those bits around here somewhere.

Back
Top Bottom