DIY Slate Cave.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Flash081

Aquarium Advice Activist
I've been planning on building a tall thin slate cave/structure for my 40g to help diffuse some of the water cascading into the tank from the HOB filters.

(I know there are other ways of making the filter softer and such but I'd like to keep the filtration strong just diffuse some of the current.)

Where can I pick up thin/medium sized slate?
-I live in the middle of a city and there are no quarries around me, even though I probably wouldn't trust picking up rock anyway.

I've also heard people use GE I 100% Silicon is that the most aquarium safe adhesive or is there something else I should pick up?

Thanks for the help =D!
:thanks:

Do a Google search for Landscaping Supplies, you should be able to find a number places around you.

Flash081 said:
I've been planning on building a tall thin slate cave/structure for my 40g to help diffuse some of the water cascading into the tank from the HOB filters.

(I know there are other ways of making the filter softer and such but I'd like to keep the filtration strong just diffuse some of the current.)

Where can I pick up thin/medium sized slate?
-I live in the middle of a city and there are no quarries around me, even though I probably wouldn't trust picking up rock anyway.

I've also heard people use GE I 100% Silicon is that the most aquarium safe adhesive or is there something else I should pick up?

Thanks for the help =D!
:thanks:

There should a landscaping place near by, I live in the city and there's a place a couple blocks away. I would use silicone or Touch N' Foam landscape / Great stuff pond and stone. All 100% non toxic and aquarium safe once cured.

Back
Top Bottom