DIY Slate cave question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

DukeNukem713

Aquarium Advice Activist
So I just finished building my first slate cave with GE Silicone 1 minutes ago! It looks great and i'm super stoked. My question is, after letting it cure for 48 hours, should I do anything else before dropping it in my bad boy?

I thought I read somewhere that I should soak it in a bucket or something for 48 hours after curing.

Any advice would be appreciated!

The soaking in a bucket lets you see how it'll hold together, just to make sure the silicone cured correctly.

I started to silicone my Slate cave, but my poor silicone skills meant it fell apart on me after putting it in.:facepalm: So, I decided to make my cave without silicone and just let the weight and friction hold it together. It works because my cave is two levels tall.

Make sure to post some pics!

Yes i'll try for some reason my phone wont recognize its SD card and I cant seem to find the cord for my digital camera??

its pretty solid. one layer was siliconed 4 days ago and it wont come apart even if im spinning around with it in my hand. was this the case for you but it came apart anyway? basically i guess im asking if by putting it in water will make the silicone less powerful

Back
Top Bottom