DIY small acrylic aquarium with stand - a Fluval Edge copy

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Cheap is efficient. ;) lol

The funny thing is, I have no idea why this type of "overflow" isn't used more often. Yes, the pipes are SOMETIMES noisy, but most of the time they are completely silent.

I guess it's because if someone is going to drill a tank, it's probably empty, and they'd much rather just make an over flow...? I dunno.

IMO- id place a tightening screw on the top middle of the wood frame and a hole in the corresponding spot on the top of tank. this way when you slide your tank into the frame, you simply tighten the screw down and TA-DA you got a locked in tank! and being as to how you said youll have some extra empty space in the tank, you dont have to worry about water on the screw. but please if you decide to try this, make sure and use a hand screwdriver to tighten it down, that way you wont over tighten and crack/ break anything. and also PRE-DRILL your holes...

I have a fluvel edge and theres nothing holding the tank in. the base is prob 2/3 the size of the bottom of the tank therefore gravity holds it in place. With the amount of weight from the water, its pretty hard for it to tip.

Wasn't going to post because of how old the thread was, but someone already did

Back
Top Bottom