DIY Spray Bar

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

FawnN

Aquarium Advice Addict
Ok, I'm really bad at this do it yourself stuff, but I have given up locating a spray bar for my filter.

img_292437_0_c4e466cdd3cc220dc290f4a7f71e38ed.jpg

Can anyone give me some idea's on I can go about making my own spray bar? Help!!!

fawn...is really funny you posted this today...I just found a spray bar at my local fish store for my fluval 404..it was only $2.99...I remember a while back on another thread someone was asking about getting one (must have been you) and if i remember you have a fluval 404..right?
Even if you dont have a Fluval it seems that this bar would fit most caniters outflows...if you cant find the bar at your local fish stores I would call fluval (800-724-2436) and if for some reason they cant help you let me know and i'll get you the number of the store here in MA maybe they could ship it to you and if they won't do it i'll take care of it for you.

You have ESPN don't you Rocket.

yeah, it was me awhile back asking about a spray bar for my HOT Magnum, HOB filter by Marineland.

You would think that most spray bars would fit most of the filters. I will take a measurement of the tube to see if it will before I call Fluval.

Thanks a lot for the info!!

hmmm...I like the idea of a spray bar for my Fluval 404! Does it run quiter? What are the pros/cons to using a spray bar?

Im not sure of what the cons are, but for me there were several pros:
It absolutly runs quieter...none of that splashing when the water level dips...
i find you can control surface agitation better than with the regular outflow and you can control current over a lager area. the 404 spraybar is a two peice wand so you can adjust the two individual sides in two different directions. And in my case I use a 55 gal tank as a room divider so my hoses are at one end of the tank...the spray bar allows me to have outflow from one end of the tank to the other instead of just from the one corner.

they are tough to find as FawnN has come to find out...I got mine at PJs pet here in Saugus, MA and there is another PJs at the Meadow Glen Mall in Medford

Rocket I would love to know how you have delt with water movement/surface movement in your 55. My 55 is also a room divder and I am currently struggling with how to get good surface movement from my Magnum350 pro set up.

I have taken out the blue rock, replaced it with black sand, I love the change, I have also removed the Air pump and am trying to get away with only using the Magnum, I am not to happy with my surface agitation though.

I have a UnderGravel Jet system that moves the water low in the tank real well, now to get the surface taken care of.

Here are a couple pics of the set up I built:

11199622-M.jpg

11199624-M.jpg

12333343-M.jpg

12899584-M.jpg

nice tank...I like the change to blk sand..i have an airstone mostly for visual effect. i sent you a Private Message re:spraybar...look for it

Back
Top Bottom