DIY Spraybay/Circulation plumbing for Marineland c-360

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Zaedon

Aquarium Advice Activist
Updated material list and guide.

Tools:

Top to bottom and left to right:
  • Cordless Drill ( For drilling holes )
  • measuring tape ( measure twice cut once)
  • pvc pipe glue ( for assembly )
  • pvc pipe cutter ( cut pipe to size )
  • pvc pipe cleaner ( clean before glueing )
  • utility knife ( use to debur the pipe after cutting )
  • 1/16 drill bit ( for making holes or, drilling a table top and making wife yell)
Material list:
  • 23.5" - 3/4" CTS CPVC ( vertical tube and misc peices to join every thing together )
  • 14.5" - 1/2" CTS CPVC
  • 2 - 3/4" CTS elbows
  • 1 - 3/4" CTS T
  • 1 - 3/4" quick connect cap ( for bottom of vertical tube )
  • 1 - 3/4" to 1/2" quick connect coupler or union ( whatever they call it in your neck of the woods )
  • 1 - 1/2" quick connect cap ( for end of horizontal tube )
Measurements:
  • 3/4" pipe: 14.5" ( vertical tube ), 2" ( connect elbow to T ), 1.5" ( connect two elbows together ) 2.5" ( leader for quick coupler ) 3" ( for connection to filter hose )
  • 1/2" pipe: 14.5" ( horizontal tube )
  • 12 - 1/16" holes are dilled in the vertical tube approximately 1" a part on both the inside and the forward facing portions tube for a total of 24 holes
  • 12 - 1/16" holes are drill in the horizontal tube on the forward facing portion.
You may need or want to change the measurements based on your aquarium size.
This was designed for a 75G Aquarium 48 1/2 X 18 1/2 X 21 1/8.

Attachments

• Customspray.jpg
    Customspray.jpg
    164.7 KB · Views: 240
  • tools.jpg
    tools.jpg
    184.8 KB · Views: 195
  • Complete spayBar.jpg
    Complete spayBar.jpg
    176.4 KB · Views: 173
  • spray3.jpg
    spray3.jpg
    145 KB · Views: 193
Last edited:
Very nice build. I'd be curious to see your material list. I'm throwing around the idea of building one or buying the Fluval kit for my 406.

PS - Any worries about that rock standing up there? Looks like a broken pane of glass waiting to happen.

Very nice build. I'd be curious to see your material list. I'm throwing around the idea of building one or buying the Fluval kit for my 406.

PS - Any worries about that rock standing up there? Looks like a broken pane of glass waiting to happen.

Rock structures are actually custom built structures and are secured using aquarium safe silicone.

I bought a fluval spray bar initially, it didn't fit my hoses and left a lot desired as far as water movement/circulation. That's what made me spawn the idea of making my own.

I am going to get some better photos when I get home form work today and post a material/parts/tools list.

Cool idea putting one in a large L shape.

I actually made two of these to create optimal circulation through out my aquarium. I am just waiting for my 2nd Marineland c-360 to get here so I can drop the second one in place. This could easily be adapted to fit any filter or power head with minimal effort.

I think the biggest benefit beyond the obvious. Is the fish love to play in the streams. THey constantly sneak behind the vertical tube and then swim out in front of it and ride the current. Lots of fun to see.

is there any safe paint you could paint one of these that wont affect the fish??

is there any safe paint you could paint one of these that wont affect the fish??

Many people like to use Krylon fusion paint. If you was to paint something that will go inside an aquarium I would strongly recommend letting it cure and air out for a couple of weeks. Most epoxy type paints would work, but requires mixing (Need to make sure it is mixed right). I don't really see the need to paint them though as they are for the fishes benefit not mine. Could just use black or gray pipe of similar dimensions.

very nice! good job!

i did one similar (18" long at the top/back of my tank, aiming up at the surface and down). kinda want to build another to go behind my liverock to help deadspots and it would hide it as well.

I made one out of Sprinkler tubing.... All from Homedepot. At the end where i cut it off. I drilled a hole all the way through and put a piece of plastic stick and silacone the end... every hole is a 1/4 of a inch...

Attachments

• IMAG0095.jpg
    IMAG0095.jpg
    101.5 KB · Views: 149
  • IMAG0096.jpg
    IMAG0096.jpg
    123.3 KB · Views: 164
  • IMAG0097.jpg
    IMAG0097.jpg
    109 KB · Views: 167
  • IMAG0062.jpg
    IMAG0062.jpg
    209.8 KB · Views: 187
very nice! good job!

i did one similar (18" long at the top/back of my tank, aiming up at the surface and down). kinda want to build another to go behind my liverock to help deadspots and it would hide it as well.

Dead spots are such a pain and one of the main reasons I decided to get creative and put together a spray bar that would circulate better. I am not a fan of power heads as they just take up space and stick out like a sore thumb.

I made one out of Sprinkler tubing.... All from Homedepot. At the end where i cut it off. I drilled a hole all the way through and put a piece of plastic stick and silacone the end... every hole is a 1/4 of a inch...

The black is so much better than white. I was looking for black but the home depot is about an hour drive from me. Thus, I went to the local hardware store and just bought the white. I could paint them I suppose. But the white just doesn't bother me much.

Back
Top Bottom