diy stand for 15 gallon <HELP!>

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

fishmonkey

Aquarium Advice Addict
I have a 15 gallon tank. the parameters are: (length)20x(width)10 1/4x(height)18 3/4. i am tired of it just sitting on my dresser. can someone give me some detailed plans to make a stand or tell me where i could find some? oh yeah, and i want there to be cabinet space below so i can put all my stuff under it thanx

I have a thread on here that I made when I built my 30g/10g stand. You could use the space where I put the 10g for storage. You could put some doors on it and make it look real nice. I have the link to the plans I used and some other things that might be helpful along the way in my post. If you have any questions about it feel free to ask!

My thread:
http://www.aquariumadvice.com/forums/f20/30g-long-and-10g-stand-102727.html

The plans:
Reef Central Online Community - DIY Stands Template and Calculator

I would also add that if you went with a DIY stand, you would probably be ok with just one 2x4 on each corner with a 15g tank. Two 2x4s on each corner would probably be overkill but it is up to you. I would consider wrapping it in some type of plywood to give it some rigidity.

Good point on the furniture CaptainAhab, probably find some cheap dressers/night stands that might work for you. Just make sure they are sturdy!

Back
Top Bottom