Diy stand for 30 gallon

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I may go with half inch I'm still looking around so everything up in the air. I still don't even have the tank lol.

Haha that's always good. If you go the conduit route then you can drill the holes into the stand or strap them to the back for a secure stable hold. I would make the conduit 1' down the back so its more stable. One clamp at the top and one where the bottom is

Yea that's probably what I'll do I'm waiting on my wife's w-2 to come in still so this project might be on hold til then.

Yea that's probably what I'll do I'm waiting on my wife's w-2 to come in still so this project might be on hold til then.

Still? My wife does taxes. W2s should have been recieved my Jan 31st. Tax season is over in a month so act fast!!!! I would start making calls

She has and they were supposed to send another one 2 weeks ago. Im getting pretty upset.

I was thinking earlier today that instead of a 30 gallon tank costing roughly 300 dollars I could use the 20 gallon and 10 gallon tank I have lying around and make a 20 gallon display with 10 gallon sump. Just brainstorming and wanted to run it by you guys first to see what you think. The stand I built has some extra space in the backside of the top if I use the 20 so my plan is to make a adjoining canopy covering the empty space in the back and coming up over the aquarium using 2x4's and covering it with birchwood and staining it the same color. What do you think?

I was thinking earlier today that instead of a 30 gallon tank costing roughly 300 dollars I could use the 20 gallon and 10 gallon tank I have lying around and make a 20 gallon display with 10 gallon sump. Just brainstorming and wanted to run it by you guys first to see what you think. The stand I built has some extra space in the backside of the top if I use the 20 so my plan is to make a adjoining canopy covering the empty space in the back and coming up over the aquarium using 2x4's and covering it with birchwood and staining it the same color. What do you think?
http://s838.photobucket.com/user/to...B-483A-9956-104AA469C3D7_zpst8uef3th.jpg.html

I was recently talking to my wife about this same idea. I say go for it!!!

And look what I just realized the 10 gallon sump fits behind the 20 perfectly!

I really don't see the point of a canopy because with the sump on top I wouldn't have enough room. I need to get an overflow box and return pump to test the sump next

Sump passed the leak test at a 295 gph flow rate. I was worried because the only acrylic I could find was .093 Inches thick.

Dude nice!!! I built my stand the other day for my 75g. Still need to wrap it

Attachments

• 1394768867743.jpg
    1394768867743.jpg
    194.6 KB · Views: 83
Back
Top Bottom