Diy Stand/Rack hybrid

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Chrash

Aquarium Advice Newbie
After getting tired of looking at our first old and beaten 55g stand the girlfriend has finally given me the go ahead to build my own stand. We had already bought shelving from Lowes that we were going to use for another 55g until we found an offer we couldn't beat on Craigslist (50 for tank and unstained canopy).
She is offering me full design freedom on this so I don't want to mess it up, as good looking stand = more tanks in the future. It's a typical industrial shelving unit with metal frame on the outside and plywood shelves. The tank sits just inside the parameters in the front, and I will be reinforcing the shelf underneath to support the middle. As for the rest of it I would like to put wood paneling around it to make it a cabinet design, kind of a fake in-wall.
If anyone has any ideas that would be good to incorporate into this design I would love to hear some ideas. Right now I only have the idea I came up with on Google Sketchup.
img_1102411_0_e6aede7628570ef27e2953fdae62c741.jpg
I will post up pics later. Thanks for stopping by

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom