Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > General Aquarium Forums > DIY Projects

Join Aquarium Advice Today
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com
Old 02-22-2016, 05:07 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice Apprentice
DIY sump

Hi I am making a 10g sump for my 12g tank. I am completely new to sumps and have done some research, but was wondering if anyone has any opinions on the best supplies to buy?
I already have plastic cut to make the sump into at most 4 chambers

becca22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2016, 11:11 PM   #2
Aquarium Advice Freak
I made a sump for my 35g out of a 15g tank, 2 tupperware containers and rubber tube to get the flow going where i want. I found containers that rest in the top of the 15g tank which made it a really easy build. I only had to make three holes in the two tupperware containers.

Hole 1 is near the top of the first container.
Hole 2 is slightly lower down in the second container to allow for gravity drainage from hole 1
Hole three is in the bottom of the second container.

I joined the two containers via rubber tube shoved into the drilled holes. Link hole 1 to hole 2 with tube. Then add a separate tube to hole 3. Leave the tube in hole three slightly below the level where hole 2 drains from hole 1.

If you use this method you could use a third container to create the fourth chamber. Its the most simple sump i could think of.
20g rescape.
35g journal. Abandoned due to Comet gardeners
Alan79 is offline   Reply With Quote

diy, diy sump, sump

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com