DIY sump on Corner tank...stuck

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

pendergraft2111

Aquarium Advice Regular
I have been researching all day at work and came up with a dual tank sump and seperate refuge. I got home all excited and grabbed one of my standard 10 gallon tanks to size up for my shelf and it doesn't fit. :facepalm:My heart sank a little.

I have a 54 gallon bowfront AGA. Someone has had to run into this before. I have been scouring the web looking for tanks with the dimensions I need with no luck.:banghead: I really wanted to make it myself but I might just have to buy one.

Any fellow corner tank users conquered this yet?

Have you considered making a custom sump out a acrylic that can fit your exact dimensions? You can also uses plastic bins also.

yea if you look at my new vid just posted a new sump using sterilite plastic container that i bought at home depot try it out if it fits.

Awesome tank, I really like how you your bubbles are coming out of the substrate everywhere. Great work on your sump.
I found a way to get 2 ten gallon tanks to fit on top of each other with a 1 inch gap between( they stick out the back just slightly). Top is going to be a refuge and the bottom a sump. I have already started building my overflows. Working backward the return pump will be in the bottom sump. Flowing into the sump will be an overflow from the refuge down and also the main overflow from my display tank. The refuge will also flow from the main overflow with a 't' and a ball valve to slow the flow. One more ball valve on the main overflow for a main shut off and that's it. It's a lot of work due to my spacial lacking but I really want to say "I built that". Currently I have a fluval 305 cannister but I dont want to have to keep cleaning it out constantly and I like the idea of having 74gal as opposed to 54gal.

pendergraft2111 said:
Awesome tank, I really like how you your bubbles are coming out of the substrate everywhere. Great work on your sump.
I found a way to get 2 ten gallon tanks to fit on top of each other with a 1 inch gap between( they stick out the back just slightly). Top is going to be a refuge and the bottom a sump. I have already started building my overflows. Working backward the return pump will be in the bottom sump. Flowing into the sump will be an overflow from the refuge down and also the main overflow from my display tank. The refuge will also flow from the main overflow with a 't' and a ball valve to slow the flow. One more ball valve on the main overflow for a main shut off and that's it. It's a lot of work due to my spacial lacking but I really want to say "I built that". Currently I have a fluval 305 cannister but I dont want to have to keep cleaning it out constantly and I like the idea of having 74gal as opposed to 54gal.

Just stack two tanks on top if each other?

Back
Top Bottom