DiY sump or refugium??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

sifnos

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hello again. I think it is time for my first question. In the picture below is my new 160litre reef tank. I left beside 20 cm space to construct a sump or a simple refugium. Could you please help me with any ideas? What can I do?

Attachments

• P1260372.jpg
    P1260372.jpg
    52.8 KB · Views: 117
Hi!

You mention it is a Reef Tank.. Does this mean is has a built in overflow? I can't see from the picture if that's in the back left corner.

Any chance of putting a Sump/refugium UNDER the tank?

Hi!

You mention it is a Reef Tank.. Does this mean is has a built in overflow? I can't see from the picture if that's in the back left corner.

Any chance of putting a Sump/refugium UNDER the tank?

I am planning to do an overflow to the right side. With durso system the water will pass through the sump. I want an outside skimmer. Then with a pump the water would pass through the refugium and at last it will over flow into the tank? :confused:is that correct?

The over flow is for water exiting the tank, from there I split the water flow between the refugium and the sump. The refugium is higher than the sump and drains into the sump.

Could you please help me with any ideas? What can I do?

Get a stronger table!! That thing looks a bit flimsy to me. most of the support looks to be in the middle. try to find something where there is constant support the whole length of the tank. i jsut buil myself a table for my 55 that has 4x4 for the corner supports with 2x4s in between those. that thing will never break. Sorry that my comment is a bit off topic, but it stood out to me. You dont want to come home one day and find all of your fish on the floor in a pile of glass, sand and rocks.

on deside

Here the pump is in the main tank and the overflow drains into the main tank via gravity.
filterdrawinggm4copyop3.jpg

thank you very must for your time. i am going to see how to use it in my free space. thank you again

Back
Top Bottom