Diy tank AND sump!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
wow that is a good idea. ill probably try that soon. right now mine is pretty easy though, i have a reservoir of saltwater that i can just put in my tank.

That's cool. Oce I started getting coral I didn't want to hurt any of them by just dumping water in so I thought of that way to get around it.

my sump is up and running!!!! i dont have room for my hob skimmer at the moment though.. it looks nice and ill put pics and a vid up once i paint the chips off the back of the tank that i made. it worked very well but i definitely am gonna need to have more filtration. maybe filter floss, not sure. right now i have a lot of live rock and 2 different macroalgaes. one is a red type and the other is chaeto. the pump is working great, but i had to slow it down a pretty good amount. the only things i dont like right now is the overflow box being way to big, and the tube going to the intake makes WAY to much sound.
_______

what filter machines are the best for freshwater aquariums

I'm thinking of starting a 55 gal and a ten gal res planted

Sump/refugiums are the best filtration you can use imo for salt or fresh....if done right u could do a water change once a year and you'll have no bad parameters...if you'd like to look into it check out YouTube and search for wet pets its a shop near me that specialize in discus and saltwater which there main discus display tank has had 10 wc in the last 6 years!

haha you live near me then. wetpets is a little high price but i love their stuff. i know the display tanks your talking about and they havent but they do dose for vodka. supposedly it helps.

Ya I remember you saying we were close when I mentioned aquaworld which did anyone ever buy your kryptonite cause I would still be interested that was a nice piece

Ya I remember you saying we were close when I mentioned aquaworld which did anyone ever buy your kryptonite cause I would still be interested that was a nice piece

oh lol i forgot. i did sell it but ill probably have another frag of it at some point, it will be smaller though.

i made another video, it shows how i did everything on the sump. i hope you like it!!

http://youtu.be/9z2ILpwFFYA

It will keep it from gurgeling because the pipe will be more full. I flow 500gph through a 1" pipe

Back
Top Bottom