Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > General Aquarium Forums > DIY Projects

Join Aquarium Advice Today
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com
Old 10-05-2009, 09:35 AM   #11
Aquarium Advice Addict
Send a message via ICQ to ezy33
Switching Current Water Director

Originally Posted by thincat View Post
I use a Wavemaster Pro and some Koralia2 PH's. To cut down on startup slap and chatter I cut a piece of air tubing 1/16th of an inch shorter then the distants from the front of the casing to the propeller and slipped it on the shaft. This toally corrects the slap and noise problem with the Koralia pumps. The setup has been going since May of this year with no problems or pump failures. The Koralias are now very quite.
I found my Koralia 3's would startup back wards about 30% of the time when on a wave maker. I use a "SCWD" Switching Current Water Director on my system. It uses some of the pumps energy to switch between two outputs.

Not one shred of evidence supports the notion that life is serious.
ezy33 is offline   Reply With Quote

diy, wavebox

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Search this Thread:

Advanced Search