DIY Wet/Dry Underway

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Pacu Man

Aquarium Advice Activist
i got this thing started i just hope the fluval plus 2 get enough water flowing to it, ill post a section on my website later once i get it all sorted out

shibby, the sump is flawless, however i guess im gonna have to use an overflow box ($$$$ :evil: )

and the fluval plus 2 isnt strong enough to send the water back up into the tank so ill have to get an underwater pump ($$$$ :evil: )

I was really wondering how you planed on plumbing all of this.

an overflow box and return pump is much more the standard way of getting water into and out of a sump / wet/dry.

the overflow box does not have to be $$$

provided you can find the right glue, you can get the parts and plastic to build just about sized overflow for less than $50... or if you want to really ghetto-rig something, you can use pre-fab plastic boxes and cheap plumbing parts to make a low-capacity overflow.

as for your pump, a wet/dry does not need an enormous flow, so any inexpensive pump (or powerhead) that can do a few 100 gph should work.

fishfreek said:
an overflow box and return pump is much more the standard way of getting water into and out of a sump / wet/dry.

I didnt want standard overflow box i wanted crazy ghetto creation! and it didnt work out too well! it woulda been copyrightwritten and everything! :lol!:

oh well its fortunate i know someone in the plastic business, ill get the box made by them and then piping maybe they can make it and ill buy a pump sometime

Back
Top Bottom