DOG moonlight

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
This is what I've used in the past, got them from autozone for like $15 and connected it to an old cordless phone adapter I had laying around

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20120102_151818.jpg
    ForumRunner_20120102_151818.jpg
    8 KB · Views: 99
This is what I have on my tank now and love them I went to radio shack and got a 12 volt to 120 volt adapter that can go from 1 volt to 12 volts DC so I can change how bright the blue light is and I only have about 25 dollars in the whole build

Race2d said:
This is what I have on my tank now and love them I went to radio shack and got a 12 volt to 120 volt adapter that can go from 1 volt to 12 volts DC so I can change how bright the blue light is and I only have about 25 dollars in the whole build

How are you about to dim the LEDs? Does the adaptor have a dimmer or something?

You can select the amount of DC volts it put outs the less voltage the dimmer the lights. I will tell u tho these leds won't work on anything less then 9 volts DC

I picked up some similar "Flex LEDs" meant for car interior accent lighting. Like alex07 I found a transformer from the junk drawer and hooked it up. Unfortunately it's WAY too bright in my 36G bow. Transformer is rated 12V 1000mA but actually outputs up to 17V. Think I'll try something weaker. We covered half the LEDs in the strip with black tape and it was still too bright. Very nice even coverage though, no spotlighting effect.

- D

Back
Top Bottom