Drift Wood

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I heard that the tannins also lower your ph significantly...anyone know if that is true as the last time I didn't boil the driftwood was probably 8-10 years ago so I don't remember.

greenfish said:
Huh? That must be a UK thing. I have never heard of a salt dispenser in a dishwasher before.

Well, most dishwashers here have to have salts added to a special compartment to soften the water which stops the water leaving marks on the crockery and the machine's interior walls...

There must me something like that over there, has someone got their manual to hand? :mrgreen:

2cvbloke said:
greenfish said:
Huh? That must be a UK thing. I have never heard of a salt dispenser in a dishwasher before.

Well, most dishwashers here have to have salts added to a special compartment to soften the water which stops the water leaving marks on the crockery and the machine's interior walls...

There must me something like that over there, has someone got their manual to hand? :mrgreen:

He is referring to a rinse agent like Jet Dry, which are made with a high concentration of non-ionic salts.

I guess you learn something new everyday! I don't know what you would do about it. I just know that I have heard others swear by the whole dishwasher cleaning on driftwood with no ill effects.

I was given some drift wood that was very heavy and seems like it could be really nice, but I was afraid to use it due to its unknown history. Then I found a resin driftwood advertised on the web and it looked really nice and like it could solve the rotting, leaching, and other problems and still look realistic. I ordered one to try, but it hasn't come yet. Anyone have experience with these resin driftwoods? I'm hoping to get Java Ferns to grown on it.

Back
Top Bottom