Durso standpipe problem

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Retired_AF

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I have had my durso in the tank for over 2 years. Never had any issues with it. Now, the past few weeks, it is making some strange noises. Not like the flushing or gurgling you would expect, but a sound like someone tapping a kettle drum with the reverbrations and everything. It is really LOUD at times and at other times not so much, but still there.

I shut my pumps off and removed the drainpipe all the way to the sump. It isn't blocked. I tried drilling another breathing hole in the cap but that didn't help either.

Any ideas? :confused:

Your standpipe is possessed, I recommend calling an exorcist.

On a more serious note, my durso standpipe use to make a flushing noise, and it got resolved on it's own in time. How long has it been like this?

I think I found the problem. I have a flex line going from the tank to the pipe going into the sump. There was a pretty large S-bend in the line that I had repositioned while doing some cleaning. I moved it to make it almost level until it dropped into the sump and a huge air bubble gurgled into the sump and then I put it back into its former position. Now it's silent as it should be.

Back
Top Bottom