easy way to do 80lt water change

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Fastfossil

Aquarium Advice Freak
I am disabled and for that reason have had to come up with a way to do water changes easily. Carrying buckets with 10lt of water 8 time to empty and 8 times to fill and I mix the water clarifier before adding the water to the tank because I believe it is the right way to do it. This is not something I can do and my wife has become tiered of helping me every week.

SO LETS MAKE LIFE EASY

WANTS TO MAKE A WATER CHANGE EASY

*crazy*TRY TO IMAGINE HOW YOU GOING TO SOLVE ALL THE ISSUES

It must be able to warm the water to the correct temp
It must tell you the temp before you add the water to the tank
It must have a way to measure the amount of water you put in the container
It must move the water around so when I add the water clarifier it mixes
It must not make a mess or allow water to drip or spill
It must move water to the tank with no siphon as tank is higher than the container
It must have a way to see into it so you can see the water line
It needs an internal light
If need be in emergency it must be a back up tank or fish life saver if the main tank leaks
It needs so be semi sealed to stop kids from putting things in the water
It needs to look okay so can stand in the lounge
If needed it must be able to be removed when empty

Right now that I listed all the things it needs to be

WOULD YOU LIKE TO KNOW WHAT IT IS AND HOW IT WORKS

I will post photo's soon.

Okay so here it is click on the photo to make it bigger

It is in the left bottom corner of the photo

A view from the top shows all the fittings

The connectors are to send water in and out of the unit
The snap on garden fittings mean no leaks and the pipe does not fall out the Bucket
The temp gauge of the water in the unit
Switch for the light so you can see the highlighted white marks 10lt per from mark to mark
Switch for the water pump that pumps 10lt per min to a height of 25 meters if needed
The access to add meds holds a syringe in the fitting and water clarifier
The perspex window to see into the container

A view inside the water drum is the inlet pipe and outlet pipe
The heater to warm the water
The air stone
The sensor for the temp gauge
The water pump that uses 12volt attached to a adaptor and does 10lt per min up to 25 meters high

The blue LEDS attached to the under side of the lid make white glow bright blue and the white marks are every 10lt the square is polystyrene and floats attached to a guide that is attached to the bottom and the lid to keep it from floating away from the markers but allows it to go up and down.

I have used snap on garden fittings on all connections so removing and joining pipes is easy

\

I fill the unit and add the water clarifier to get rid of unwanted chlorine ect and leave it for a week the heater heats it the air bubbles stir it.
and the temp gauge lets me know the water is the right temp to add when ready I clip on the hose put the one end in the tank and flick the switch.

To drain the fish tanks I siphon the water using the same pipe I use to fill the water storage unit straight into the toilet before adding the new fresh water back into the drum for the next week

ANY QUESTIONS

I have now finished the unit and the perspex window in in the lid
The temp guide said 38 as I put in hot water the first time and pumped it out to clean the pump and container of anything that should not be in it

Wow that's incredibly complicated your wife won't help you? That's a bit cold considering your disabled

Ha ha you right but we do have two kids and she does most of the looking after there and did not want the fish tank and seeing as how they have become three tanks from the one.
I can understand her point of view and so this was made
But if you offering to do the water changes
THANKS
you to kind
He he he

Thats pretty cool. I have made something similar but yours is closed and more complicated. Nice work. Keep up the diy. I like reading it.

Back
Top Bottom