egg crate

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

degbowl

Aquarium Advice Freak
I am thinking of getting a yellow watchman goby. I know they are jumpers. I am using a red sea prizm skimmer. Because of the skimmer I can't fit my glass top on my tank all of the way. I have a large opening in the back. I have read that using egg crate I can cover the openings so the fish won't jump. I know that I can get it at Home Depot. Should I just go into Home Depot and ask for egg crate? Is that the real name of it and what is it really used for? I just want to know where to look in the store. Thanks!
Jim

You will find it in the section with suspended ceiling supplies, by the light diffuser panels. I don't know what they refer to it as, with the intelligence of many Home Depot employees they will probably give you a blank stare no matter what you call it. :lol:

I would suggest putting a rock or other type of weight on top of it, as it's very light, and easy for any decent size fish to knock off.

I found the egg crate. I have plenty left over. I had a glass top that I kept the front part that was the lid. I made a piece of egg crate big enough to fit the rest of the tank. I made cut outs for the skimmer, filter and cords. The egg crate was the same width of the tank and I didn't need to cut for width. I can put something on it to keep it held there because I have the glass lid to open up for feeding. Now I can get a fish and not worry about him jumping out.

Sorry, newb here, I don't know what eggcrate looks like, but I need it. Can you find a picture or something?

Back
Top Bottom