Egg tumbler

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

chevypride

Aquarium Advice Freak
I built and egg tumbler, and I was just wondering if it looks like it'll work? How can I test it? ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1395330313.534819.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1395330394.978687.jpg

When you strip a momma fish of her eggs you need to tumble them so that they incubate and don't rot.

It looks like the type of thing used to process brine shrimp eggs. It looks almost like my ex-shrimp egg tumbler. (Mine was more basic, a plastic bottle with the end cut off, a hole in the lid for the airline, the whole unit was submerged in a water tray with a heater in it)
I Don't see why it won't work? Is there a need to tumble the eggs?

Suitable sized airlines shift the water a great deal in just a regular tank.

I didn't end up using it. I got my 30 gallon up and cycled in time for the mom to carry them, I stripped her at 28 days, she had spit one and 2 days later she still hadn't spit the rest and I was leaving for a week and didn't want her spitting while I was away (and possibly eat the fry). If I was to strip her of eggs I would of needed the tumbler.

If she starts holding again anytime soon I probably will strip her of eggs, holding took a lot out of her and she still looks thinner then I'd like, so stripping her early will keep her from losing any weight.

Back
Top Bottom