Elephant fish jumping into filter system.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Salou fish

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Help !

My elephant fish keeps jumping into the filter system which is housed inside the tank. But with this design their isn't a lid for it. I suppose it's to cycle fresh air to the pump.
My question is could I use some chicken wire to cover it ????? Or could you suggest any else ??!
I'm afraid that one day something bad might happen to bob !

Thank you for all your help.

Have you got a picture of the filter? Filters don't really need fresh air, the fish get air from surface disturbance mainly so I don't see why you couldn't make a lid, only thing is would he get stuck on top of the wire instead of going into the filter?

Thank you. I'll post a picture when I get home. I thought of using a hairnet. But I am afraid of using things that aren't fish friendly ( if you know what I mean ). Off to my supplier and see if they have anything.

So here's the top of the filter system. Any ideas are more than welcome !

Attachments

• image-2780450645.jpg
    image-2780450645.jpg
    115.8 KB · Views: 141
Yea I can't see that it needs air, so anything that won't ruin water quality :)

Thanks Shane ! Been to the shop but they didn't have anything there. Sooooooo....... Might have to go to Barcelona and see if I can find anything there. Oh we'll a day trip won't hurt hahaha.

Your welcome :) good luck with it, I hope "bob" stays out of trouble from now on haha

Thanks stargazer ..... I did what you mentioned and bob hasn't jumped into the filter system ever since I posted this thread.
He is doing fine now the soreness under his belly is all gone. He is as fit as a fiddle.
Thank you all for your advise. You all have been very helpful. Maybe one day I can help you. ( hahahaha )

Back
Top Bottom