EUREEKA!! Live haul fish pump!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Deep Seven

Aquarium Advice Addict
:flasingsmile: I've got it!! :D I'm going to design a return waterflow, that won't use a pump on the aquarium water and it will be fairly efficient. This has been a dream of mine and I figured out how to make it work. This will be an Advanced DIY Project as it will require a somewhat complicated engineered structure that will take up some space, and there are a few difficulties that I can think of, and probably twice as many that I haven't, the most important of which is how to make it all failsafe, but I find myself solving the problems I can think of quickly and looking forward to building it. Fortunately I have a sizable place to hide such a structure.

When I have plans and pictures I will post them in a quality linkable thread, and challenge people to make one simpler, because mines definately gonna be complicated, although I'm going to be applying the KISS rule as much as possible so we'll see. I was so excited when I thought of it that I had to post. I will use this thread for any technical questions and updates I may have about this project.

Cheers!

I seem to recall some prior posts of your asking about this but don't remember the specifics. What is the purpose of it?

As I answer your question I realize filtration or lack of it could be a problem.

The idea is to allow fragile creatures that have a tiny larval form the ability to travel from tank to tank without getting killed. Also I would like to randomly suck up feeder shrimp into the return flow without killing them.

This was an idea I had for my reef tank, and I was thinking of using it for my planted tank but I'm beginning to think the work and effort involved wouldn't be worth the benefit I'd get from it in a FW planted set-up.

could you just put the laval tank above the dt then use an overflow box for the flow and pump water back from the dt??

Back
Top Bottom