Faster tank siphoning?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Wow never thought id see the day jeta would need advice lol your like the fishkeeping master haha

Is the pump only for emptying water from tank? How does it hook up to fresh water supply to fill tank?

Never too old to learn a better way.

Yeah I planned to use python to fill, I just wanted to work out a faster way to drain.

There are a couple of in line water pumps in storage that were used for some big SW display sumps, I'm going to see if I can utilize one of them.

I timed it today and the water change process is taking just under 3 hours, over 2 of it being drain time.

I was selling my tank (small 72 gallon bowed) in this picture in about an hour (person called me from craigslist and wanted it fast), so I had a couple of friends come over to help me. We came with the idea of a sump pump and ran the garden hose out of my bedroom window into the back yard. worked/works great, fast and I didn't have to buy anything!

was replaced with a 150 gl regular, then I sold that (used the sump pump again and worked great), because I missed the bowed look, and got a 155 bowed.

you may want to hold it up off the floor glass like a 1/2" or so it, so it doesn't vibrate the glass.

my buddies that helped.
68947_10150310344995065_667915064_15355334_6891304_n.jpg

use a petco power head. start the siphone normally and when the water touches the power head plug it in and it will be way faster

Back
Top Bottom