Finally all done but the settin up! (CUBE Pics)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

sumphead

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Well, I got her running. Here's a couple of shots. I clouded up the water again a little arranging the rocks just before adding a few corals. There was no noticable cycle as I expected since I used 50% of the old tank water, LS, and LR. Here's a shot from above on the catwalk and one of the front. The only thing not DIY is the skimmer, pumps, and coralvue 15K 250W HQI Halide. Thoughts? Critiques?

Much thanks to brndfrb for all his help and to all of those I have neglected in my passion to finish this. Sorry to all the unanswered PMs, Boxter especially.

LOOKS great ronnie. Will bring those test kits over tonight. Great job. Yeah i mush say i neglected people my self trying to help you get this done.

here is what i know about his sump. Made out of 5/8 acrylic. And it has an AquaC urchin skimmer and an inlet and a return chamber. It also has a kalkreactor in it as well. That is what you see int he piture on the left of the sump. That is the reactor. He built that as well. Ronnies is becomeing very very handy with acrylic. Awesome tank and sump. Now it is time to start on the 200 gallon center of the room tank with all the plumbing in the baseent. Yeah like your wife would go for that.

LOL, I'll try and get a pic of the sump running here in a few. My kalkreactor isn't in operation as of yet. I still have to run the RO line from the basement and install my floats switch I got just yesterday afternoon. And just a small correction on the above, it is 3/8" still very sturdy. My sump design is circular in motion so that the entire sump water level is all the same to keep a more stable level for the auto top-off. Here's a quick pic of the kalkreactor without it's guts.

Very nice. Make me wanted to have a cube tank after I am done with my 180g in wall.....
How big is the cube again? Is the overflow at the back or center?

brndfrb said:
Ronnies is becomeing very very handy with acrylic. Awesome tank and sump.

That is why I am pestering Ronnie for my custom sump.....

LOL, not a pest at all. Just finding the time is the chore! Unfortunately I couldn't get any more pics this evening due to some unforseen events in breaking down my 72. Ugg that's no fun! Anybody close need any rock?!?!

Thanks all for the great comments! I'll do my best to get some updates by tomorrow.

Kevin, get in line! LOL seriously though the tank alone shouldn't be much to ship.

Boxter, the overflow is centered in the back. I would love to do as brnd suggested and make a 48X48X24" cube with a central overflow. Ahhh one can dream....

R-

Very, Very Nice! Beautiful tank, and placement. I cant wait to see more pics. It's awesome, congrats! :wink:

Well maybe a little pull....a bribe of the SPS sorts never hurt. Hmmm how big again was the maximum checked baggage size for ATA? After all I am flying down to Orlando in Oct.

R-

Back
Top Bottom