Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > General Aquarium Forums > DIY Projects
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 07-31-2008, 12:02 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Send a message via Yahoo to Mudfrog
Finished my filtration on the 120..

Well it took forever but I finally finished my filtration.

I'm running dual 1 1/4" Durso Standpipes draining into the wet dry, from the pump I'm running 1" ID tubing to a ball valve then split to dual 3/4" modular pipes.

The wet / dry is a 29 gallon tank, with drip tray, filter floss and 60 pot scrubbies. I'm using a Pondmaster 2400gph pump and you'll notice I had to cut up a AC110 sponge to set it on to keep it from vibrating too much. I plan on adding more scrubbies to the bottom left section of the tank, just another 40 or so to help out.

It's been cycling for about a week even though I used 50 gallons of water and filter media from two HOB filters. I've done several water changes though so I imagine thats why it's taking so long.

I still need to make my canopy and glass lids, as well as finish the decorations.. I just threw a couple pots in for the native fish that I'm using to cycle the tank.

Lighting consists of a dual 48" T8 shop lights with cheap Lowes Sunlight 32w bulbs, I plan on switching to powerglo's once I get the the canopy done though.

Stocking list will consist of my fire eel, red wolf fish, 2 senegals and a rope fish. I will probably add something else as that will be way understocked but I'll burn that bridge when I find something else that intrigues me..

Anyway, enjoy the pics

40g Breeder - Fluval 306 - HW402B - Grow Out Tank - Clown Loaches - Leopard Leaf Fish
Mudfrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2008, 12:45 PM   #2
Aquarium Advice Freak

nice work

Old 07-31-2008, 01:27 PM   #3
Aquarium Advice Addict

Wow very nice!

I love the DIY stuff
Understanding the basics will let you make informed decisions on what advice to follow, and what advice is just plain hooey!
SpeedEuphoria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2009, 01:44 PM   #4
Aquarium Advice Newbie

wow nice tank i have the same identical drilled 120....i dident want to spend the money on a sump so i put a canister filter on it rena xp3 works very well......
Old 02-23-2009, 02:16 PM   #5
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Send a message via Yahoo to Mudfrog
Thanks everyone.

I've added more media to it and it's actually real efficient. I'm getting ready to start another sump for a 125g, I plan on using a 55g tank and having a refuge area to grow out fry. Should turn out fairly nice.

40g Breeder - Fluval 306 - HW402B - Grow Out Tank - Clown Loaches - Leopard Leaf Fish
Mudfrog is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
filtration

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com