Fish room build!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Nice pics! You are doing a great job on your stands, too.

*edit* those yellow Neos will color up more before too long. I'm glad you like them. Very easy to breed. :)

yes I figured that they would get more color, they are already 100 times more yellow then when they first went in.

Yeah, as soon as I bag them they look all clear, and they're totally not. LOL.

Are you going to the bowl show this weekend?

No, unfortunately I'm going on vacation tomorrow, but the next 5 or 6 meetings I have marked on the calendar so that way I don't miss them :) what month is the fall auction in? (if you know)

Usually it is in September. 2013 fall auction was October but that was an anomaly due to some stuff that came up that caused the club to reschedule.

The talk in May is about dwarf cichlids so I'm sure you won't want to miss that one. I have heard awesome things about that particular speaker from another club member.

yes definitely will not miss the dwarf cichlid talk! just marked the fall auction on sep 30th, but will make sure to keep an eye out on the website for exact dates. Thanks for asking me to be a runner! it gave me something to do besides just bid.

trying to finish my order on kensfish.com. I decided to make the smart move, and convert over to sponge filters so I'm ordering a massive air pump, and sponge filters, etc

Haha, I didn't mean it like you HAD to volunteer, but it really is a good way to get up close to the bags as they are coming up for auction... helps with deciding what you want to bid on! You and your mom were SUPER helpful this weekend. It is always nice to have new volunteers. I'm sure I can speak for the whole BOD when I say it was much appreciated. :)

Kensfish is awesome. We order a lot of stuff from there. Be sure to also check out jehmco.com and compare your prices. Different sites are cheaper on different items. :)

*edit* you need to call your order in if you use Jehmco so just be aware of that.

Haha, I didn't mean it like you HAD to volunteer, but it really is a good way to get up close to the bags as they are coming up for auction... helps with deciding what you want to bid on! You and your mom were SUPER helpful this weekend. It is always nice to have new volunteers. I'm sure I can speak for the whole BOD when I say it was much appreciated. :)

Hear, hear. You and your Mom both rocked! You need to hurry up on that fish room so that you can get added to the tour list for the speakers when they're in town.

Dude.. I have a couple extra pumps..trades?? Also all this dwarf cichlid talk is getting to me... I like dwarf cichlids..I want a fish auction... I want 20$ 55's...

ya I checked Jehmco but kensfish had better pricing on some stuff, and free shipping on orders over $75

Hear, hear. You and your Mom both rocked! You need to hurry up on that fish room so that you can get added to the tour list for the speakers when they're in town.
I know.... I'm like come on mom I need you to help me on the stands, because God these things get HEAVYYYY. In my family my mom is the one thats big on wood working etc.

EDIT: my dad in the very beginning said that he wouldn't like it, and now he said that he loves being able to go down, and look at all the fish. he says its like having a mini aquarium shop in your home... YES!!!

Dude.. I have a couple extra pumps..trades?? Also all this dwarf cichlid talk is getting to me... I like dwarf cichlids..I want a fish auction... I want 20$ 55's...

three words brookster move to atlanta. just kidding try google, and see what you can find in the form of aquarium clubs in your area.

So after coming home from vacation I found some stuff.

1. Came home to around 300 jewel cichlid eggs!!!! I don't know what I'll do with all the fry 0-o

2. Found a berried yellow neo :)

3. My package came with my order!!!

4. Now I need to buy more tanks at the 1 a gallon, and finish the other stand!

ok question. I woke up today to find about HALF of the jewel eggs missing they are the only fish in the tank? I thought they were great parents?!?!

They may eat ones that will never hatch?? Think rams do something like that..

the ones that don't hatch are the white opaque ones? because I still have all the white eggs buy only 30 of the brown eggs.... I'm thinking about moving the parents until the eggs hatch. BTW the parents are gorgeous right now :)

EDIT: happy 800th post

Not sure man.. If the parents are eating the eggs it may not be a bad idea to move them, or feed them more??

Back
Top Bottom