Flat aquarium background

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

NiaCas

Aquarium Advice Activist
I moved one of my bettas to a new tank by himself recently. Normally, I much prefer totally natural tanks - lots of plants, rocks, driftwood, no store bought decorations or anything and either no or very natural aquarium backgrounds, but when I found a Tardis aquarium ornament, all that went out the window lol. It is now a Doctor Who themed tank. I want an appropriate background, but the only store bought background I can find have plants, corals, and rocks on them. Is there a way to make my own with whatever image I want? What is the plastic stuff that store bought backgrounds are usually made of? Is there an easy way I can get an image printed on whatever material it is? Or is there some other good way to make a simple 2D background? I don't want to just use paper. It'll just become wavy and discolored. I know water can get under laminate plastic because I've had laminated paper still get wet, so I don't want to do that either, and I have ZERO artistic abilities, so I can't just paint the image on the tank. Any ideas?

You can print, paint, draw, decoupage, whatever on to paper. Then, bring it to Staples to have it laminated.

Yeah, I think I'll just try that and see what happens. I found my tardis on Craigslist, but there are more on e.bay! There are also yellow and red daleks, cybermen, and a cyberman head which I think is supposed to be Handles without the damage. I thought about getting Handles, but the daleks are too colorful for me. :p

Back
Top Bottom