fluval corrugated hose question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

phin

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I'm about to make a inline CO2 diffuser for my anticipated DIY CO2 setup.

I have a fluval 206 canister. The fluval canisters have corrugated hoses instead of vinyl tubing. Anyone know the best way to connect a cut end of this corrugated hosing to a threaded pipe connector? Will it fit over a standard pvc hose barb?

When I hooked my 406 up to an inline heater I swapped the hoses for vinyl and used some hose clamps. I'm sure you could do something similar if you wanted. I wasn't sure how to join the corrugated hoses to the barbs otherwise.

When I hooked my 406 up to an inline heater I swapped the hoses for vinyl and used some hose clamps. I'm sure you could do something similar if you wanted. I wasn't sure how to join the corrugated hoses to the barbs otherwise.

I contemplated switching one of the hoses to vinyl. I'm hoping there might be a way to use the current hoses.

I suppose that would work. I had different OD dimensions when going to vinyl and opted for hose clamps for peace of mind. I did have to soak the ends in hot water just to get them on so they were pretty snug to begin with.

I will probably use hose clamps over the rubber ends on the barbs. If I need to I have a heat gun I can use to soften the rubber.

I went ahead and bought a 10ft lenght of clear vinyl tubing to replace the flexible fluval stuff on the outflow so I can fit it on the hose barb. 5/8" ID, 3/4" OD. I'll see if it fits in the compression clamps on the valve block tonight.

Back
Top Bottom