Football theme

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

kelly77143

Aquarium Advice Activist
SOOO, Im looking everywhere for some football related things to put in the aquarium. I cant find anything. Anyone know what I could use/do to make my aquarium have some football spirit? Have you seen anything online or in stores?:fish1:

no, aquarium is not planted.... only artificals. The tank is already established. I just kinda wanted to change the scenery and since my husband is a big sports guy I thought I could maybe put some small football stuff in there but I cant seem to find anything. I dont want to put something that isnt made for an aquarium in it... the paint/material could be toxic. :/

You could get low lying fake plants and cut them to the width of the tank and space them to create almost a field. Ummm as far as like goal posts I'm not sure

I would love it if my wife could pull something like this for me. I can already picture my Seahawks tanks.

Use a wall poster of a favorite team as a background, so you will need to to cut the poster to fit the background.

As for gravel, I would use the favorite team color. Seahawks are bright green and navy, so I would use those two colors.

Then I would like to add more logos (in addition to the background), but I can't think of anything that can stay under water. You could buy some plastic helmets and scatter them on the floor of the tank. Wash them really well before you put them in. I see them in stores sometimes: NFL Football Helmets On The Cheap
I'm not sure how aquarium safe they are.

As for decor, I think I would add a glass football into the tank. glass football | eBay
I see so many things I can add to the tank for decor on ebay, but again I don't know if they are aquarium safe. I would only buy stuff that is 100% glass or certain plastic. Shot glasses and cups touch water all the time.. so use your best judgement.

Great!!! Thanks so much!!!!! He's a Giants fan. I'm a Saints fan. So it'll be fun if I can come up w some stuff to put in there. :) I love the ideas you've suggested.

if you could find small skinny pvc paint it yellow and make fieldgoal posts

krylon fusion. its ment for plastics just let it dry for a few days. i have it in my brackish tank on some pvc. i got the textured kind and it looks good.

here is there website. i think walmart is one of the only places that sell it. home depot does not.

Krylon: Products: Fusion for Plastic®

Back
Top Bottom