Found an awesome float switch

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

helicopter

Aquarium Advice Activist
I don't know if this is really the best place to post this but I just wanted to comment on how much I liked this float switch that I received. It is made by this guy in Tampa Florida. Check out the link http://aquadevices.50megs.com/order1.htm

I initially had problems because I must have been drawing massive current when my pump turned on but he sent me another system out immediately with a modified SCR to handle the current. It works great and is cheaper than the other retail ones I found online.

I'd like to see a picture of your setup. I'm curious to see how you have this all rigged up.

Picture

Sure, as soon as I can get my girlfriend to bring over her camera I will take a picture. But basically you just put the sensor (as you can see in the picture from the link I sent you) anywhere in your tank and you can easily flip the flot so that it turns on/off when it is floating up/down. So whenever the water level drops it triggers the outlet (which you plug into a normal wall outlet) to become live so whatever you have plugged into it (I have a pump and a heater) will become active.

Back
Top Bottom