Free food for the gang?mosquito larva

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

77speedyturtle

Aquarium Advice Regular
So just wanted to share my free food farm. About a month ago I went outside to clean the back yard. I noticed a bucket i left outside full of water. I noticed it full of squiggly things. I found out they were baby mosquitoes. So a light bulb went off on my head. I watch a few youtube videos,did a few online searches. Next i grabbed a kiddy pool i had laying around in partial shade. I now have free food snacks for the gang. I dip the net daily to pull extra larvae out so my back yard doesnt turn into a mosquito habbitat. I also been starting to put extra plants cuttings in. Thinking about putting some of my mystery snail babies in to grow out. Plan on getting a daphnia culture as soon as a get some extra money. But for now I love watching my pea puffers an gobbies go to town.

Attachments

• IMG_20180730_122609_hdr.jpg
    IMG_20180730_122609_hdr.jpg
    198.7 KB · Views: 92
  • IMG_20180730_122528_hdr.jpg
    IMG_20180730_122528_hdr.jpg
    78.4 KB · Views: 99
Your backyard is going to be infested. You may want to get a net over that or something..

May be, but I scoop the pool twice a day. I've chatted with a couple people who do this an they don't have any problems as long as you keep up an dont see any larva in the final stage. Plus I keep it in Sun which helps keep them down. But I do already have a screen netting laying in the closest just in case. But thanks though for the advice.��

Back
Top Bottom