Freshawter Sunp

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Fishdude3233

Aquarium Advice Addict
This will be my first attempt at a freshwater dump an i want to so it right the first time. I need help in every aspect my making/designing the sump. First what kind of pump should i use for it. The sump will be 30-40g and will be filtering a 125. Second how do i make the refiugem (sp)?
Third if you guys can send me pic of how u made your sumps and the design of it that would be great

Edit my tank is not drilled and i don't want to drill it so how would i make the siphon thingy to suck the water out of my tank?

Youtube is going to be a great tool for what you want to do. Look at the dual overflow DIY. You will need dual 1.5 inch overflows and depending on what fish you are stocking at least a 900 gph pump. A 30 to 40 gallon sump will be a good size. A refugium is for reef tanks. Unless you are doing a saltwater tank you wont need one

Freshwater sump

I will be building a sump do 125 gallon tank and need some advice

1. What size sump should I use

2. I have videos on making your own "overflow" do you recommend I use their ideas?

3. I a wanted to have a refieugum (spelling) how would I incorporate that in The sump without the plants getting blown around?

4. Any other advice is appreciated, and if you have ever built a sump could you post pics of the blueprints, and sketches?

Thank you a and god bless

Sorry for the double post

Back
Top Bottom